Do you run a charity ? do you know others who run or volunteer at local charities ? local Fruit and Veg Producers [ Fruits of the Forage ] on Great King Street in Macclesfield are looking to team up with local Charities and Community Groups to ensure that none of its produce goes to waste. At the end of the working week they have left overs ………. The left overs are not waste, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it is perfect …… they simply want people in the local area who could use it, benefit from it ……….. a lovely gesture from a very Community focused local Company.
As listeners and supporters of Canalside Community Radio you also have the opportunity to try out the Fruits of the Forage Classic Fruit and Veg Boxes ….. top quality produce that has less handling, simple Packaging and the logistics and delivery is eco friendly tooooo ……. To win a Jumbo Box have a go at this competition ……….. winners will be announced toward the end of September.
There is a connection between all these questions, that link between the questions will help you nail a 12 / 12 Good Luck
Quiz set by the Canalside Rolled Gold Maestro Nick Wright whilst chewing a Pinapple and his faithful ickle mate DJ Dippy who was sucking a Grape
1) On which record label would you get to hear the music of Billy Preston / Yoko Ono, Badfinger, Mary Hopkin, Wings and the Beatles?
2) Name the Funk Band founded in Boston Massachusetts in 1992 beginning with the letter ‘L’ ……. The Bands influences include Herbie Hancock, Earth Wind and Fire and the Tower of Power …. Albums include ‘’’rage’’’ ‘’’fly’’’ ‘’’crush’’’ and even this year 2020 an album called ‘’’resonate’’’ ?
3) One of REM’s early mega successful hits singles ………… ‘’something [ ?????? Crush’’ ? ]
4) English Folk legends the Spinners had a huge hit record with a song …. The songs catchy chorus contains the place where the Partridge might sit ?
5) Sting – Just one Lifetime ………… lyrics ‘’the time has come the Walrus said, talk of many things —- Ship and Shoes and sealing wax of SOMETHING ???? and Kings ?
6) A comedian who had a hit record in the charts back in 1975 called Funky Moped ? name him ?
7) Not all the members of Abba are these, but three are …. Well, not literally ?
8) I’m not sure what this Pop Group have been up to ? perhaps they have been fighting …. ? but their eyes are black …….. name them ?
9) Harry Belafonte and Shirley Bassey both warbled ‘’Day O, Day O’’ …….. they had a Boat ………. But what was in that musical Boat ?
10) A Billie Holiday classic ….. Strange ????? ?
11) Rosemary Clooney song written by composer Dee Libbey and lyricist Sid Wayne that hit the charts back in 1956 ?
12) Water ????? Man …… huge hit record for the person mentioned in dispatches in question 2 ?
Submit your answers via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, call the studio on 01625 5776633 when Nick Wright and his little mate, DJDippy, are on air Monday to Friday 8am to 12.30pm, or call the office on 01625 576689.